Psychology: Psychologists have PhDs in Clinical Psychology and Psychological Associates are Master’s prepared. These professionals are registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and have the same scope of practice -​ trained in assessment, treatment, and research. For assessments, The Centre utilizes standardized tests to offer a complete psychological testing service, as well as diagnosis and treatment planning.  A thorough and comprehensive assessment process involves integrating information from multiple sources and methods, including interviews, observations, and the administration of psychometric measures.

Offered assessments include: Diagnostic Assessments (Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, etc.), Psychoeducational Assessments (Learning disabilities, giftedness, etc.), Developmental Assessments, and Career Assessments. Assessments can be useful in diagnosing a variety of conditions, including ADHD, Learning Disorders, and Social-Emotional difficulties.

For treatment, psychologists at CAFCO utilize scientifically-supported techniques to develop short and long-term treatment plans that address the individual needs of our clients and their families.  Therapy can be conducted in a number of forums, including Individual Therapy, Family Therapy, or Group Therapy. We offer services for the following presenting problems: anxiety and stress, depression and mood, behavioral problems (Oppositional Defiant Disorder, etc.), parenting support and training, trauma, social skills, crisis management, identity issues, loss and grief, anger management, self-esteem, and more.  For more information about the practice of psychology in Canada, please visit the website of the Canadian Psychological Association (

Psychometrics: Psychometrists are trained to administer standardized psychological tests and to work in conjunction with psychologists for the purpose of psychological and psychoeducational assessments.  For more information on Psychometrics, please visit the website of The Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (

Social Work: Social workers provide counselling and psychotherapy services. They also help families find appropriate resources and connect with special services within their community.  Social workers have earned a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), a Master of Social Work (MSW) or a Doctorate in Social Work (Ph.D./DSW), and anyone in Ontario who wishes to practice as a social worker must belong to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (

Speech-Language Pathology: Speech and language services are provided at the clinic by registered speech-language pathologists.  Assessment, consultation, and therapeutic services are offered for clients with difficulties in early language development, articulation, stuttering, and autism spectrum disorders.  For more information, please visit the website of The Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (